Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy. Simply Put!
Oxygen + Pressure = Healing Benefits
That simple formula is the key to understanding how Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy works. Our clients breathe 100% medical grade oxygen under increased pressure in our state-of-the-art hard chambers. This results in oxygen dissolving into your plasma for up to a 20 fold increase in arterial oxygen pressure concentration, creating "hyper-oxygenated" blood plasma.
Once hyper-oxygenated, the blood plasma then reaches areas of the body where circulation is restricted and oxygen levels are insufficient. For example, the swelling of a sprained ankle causes the loss in blood flow to the foot. It would be the same with a wound, compromised tissue and even the aging process brings on swelling of the capillaries that create the aches, pains and other effects that aging brings with it. Hyperbaric therapy allows oxygen to penetrate compromised and oxygen-starved areas. That restores circulation promoting recovery, healing and rejuvenation.
A Little More Technical...
Medically speaking, the increase of oxygen dissolving into the plasma under increased pressure in a hyperbaric chamber has the following benefits:
1. An 8 fold increase in the body’s own production of stem cells. THIS IS HUGE!
2. A synergistic effect of oxygen and aminoglycoside and cephalosporin antibiotics.
3. Capillary angiogenesis to bone and surrounding tissue.
4. Reduction or edema and inflammation.
5. Enhanced osteogenesis by stimulating osteoclastic and osteoblastic activity.
6. The inhibition and destruction of aerobic organisms such as staph aureus via the neutrophil oxidative killing mechanism.
7. Increases endothelial nitric oxide synthase and NO production.
8. Inhibition of platelet aggregation and white blood cell/endothelial adhesions.
9. Increases platelet derived growth factor (PDGF) and vascular endothelial growth factor.